Monday 11 January 2010

14*


Fig.1: A Group of plinth's


Fig.2: Biopsy, 2008 - A past piece of  my work

Biopsy was the first time I used the gallery space as an object for re-interpretation, and I still find this idea something that is not expolred readily and fully in current art trends. There are some artists who's work works in this direction, but I am very interested in creating new ideas together that fall between both site specific intervention, and restructuring existing architectural features.

New work I am developing, such as the cut plinthe piece Nice Little Slice is extending ideas I began with BiopsyThe playful approach to make the viewer question their own perception of material characteristics is continued, left questioning if this work is a meticulously orchestrated reproduction, or the actual material it represents.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment