Tuesday 10 May 2011

Joe Orton and Kenneth Halliwell Post 57*


  


I began editing the interview recordings made on the 7th last night, so to keep things fresh and exciting I thought I would post about my plans for the second micro-project!

For Saturday 4th June I am planning to have a day of book collage and editing, all inspired by the legendary Islington inhabitants Joe Orton and Kenneth Halliwell.

Orton and Halliwells guerrilla book altering project targeted middle class library goers. Their collaboration led them to deface book sleeves and pages, and to subvert and satirise the content of the publications they stole and returned to library shelves.

Throughout the 4th June I want to take this spirit of Orton and Halliwell and build Holloway a catalogue of alternative, and reinvented publications, to be shown throughout June at the Old Fire station. 
The project will aim to develop a slightly tongue-in-cheek intervention into the literature I collect from gumtree joblots and cheap little charity shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment