Thursday 22 July 2010

24*

Konx-Om-Pax 

I was reading today about an artist I wasn't familiar with, A guy calling himself Konx-Om-Pax. I really enjoyed watching these couple of videos up on his site, it reminded me of a previous post with images from an artist I'm a big fan of; John Russell (ex BANK collective founder)

Twin Portal from Konx-om-Pax on Vimeo.

Reading about this Advanced Beauty video, I found the project is inspired by synasthesia,
the rare, sensory experience of seeing sound or tasting colours, and the videos created are physical manifestations of sound, sculpted by volume, pitch or structure of the soundtrack.

Advanced Beauty from Konx-om-Pax on Vimeo.

 John Russels work definately ties into the same visual string as K-O-P, but seems more attune in subverting   (in earlier work) posters and media images, and more recently taking on a slightly more acid-soaked computer game graphic appeal.

 

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment