Wednesday 21 July 2010

22*

NEW WORK
Over the last 10 months I have been working full time, in a totaly art-unrelated job, which has seriously stunted my artistic output.
I now think I can see why so many artists end up slowing down with their art, or outright stopping art production altogether.


 My new branch of 2D work has really sparked a new interest in me, as pretty much all my university work was sculptural, this alteration of creative approach is really making working new and exciting again.


Another reason I have started with the image based work was after a long chat with an old friend that I used to produce graffitti lettering and characters with, and it made me see that I am more of an image maker, despite having a sculptural view on things, it means I can apply this sensibility to image work.


Although there is (as of yet) no definitive reasoning or statement behind each work, there are ties that are forming that are becoming more obvious as I get more into art making again.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments:

Post a Comment