Friday 11 February 2011

47*


I have been thinking about this arts and crafts venture quite a lot this week. so to start myself off making some housewares and personalised items to make and sell I have been looking into glass etching, and want to hand print and bind some limited edition notebooks and sketchbooks.

I had a look into the process, and am going to get myself some glass etching acid, and for some one off hand drawn illustrations I have ordered a dremel multi tool to sketch onto bottles and glass items. I did a little bit of searching for etched glass bottles, and came across the image above. The image is from the amazing site http://www.theyok.com/.

I'm a big fan of the bottle on the right especially, and although these are laser etched I think I will be able to achieve something similar by hand, I am also going to try and set up a pay pal link on here, so items can be ordered, and personalised commissions suggested by clients.  

When I have put a few of these items finished, I also want to approach some micro-breweries, and home brewers to see if we could collaborate with a home brewed beer teamed up with my home etched bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment