Tuesday 14 June 2011

Altered Record Sleeves Post 65*

After yesterdays talk of changing record sleeves, I have scoured through Google images to see what I can dig up on existing record sleeves. I remember seeing an article last year in The Wire showing the tip top of altered record sleeves, but I have compiled my own little catalogue.

I found the majority of these here http://www.defacevalue.com/ which features tons of found and intentionally altered bits of record sleeve art! This Tumblr powered site where users constantly update the site with new bits of record sleeve artwork.

I have also read about a book from 1996 called Discographisme Récréatif [Homemade Record Sleeves] which features unique record sleeves found in flea markets, some of the below images are cut from their site.






No comments:

Post a Comment